No guidance from Stuart? Oh noes, how will Marla survive?!? *coughs*
If anything Marla will likely get the usual inventory prep work done much faster without him around.
Now it’s Josh’s turn!
Stuart: You SAY “guide,” but you MEAN “interfere.”
I don’t know what is less believable:
1) That Stuart still doesn’t understand that Marla never listens to his “advice”
2) That Courtney still hasn’t been fired or let go
3) That Marla has to wear a name tag when Stuart never did
Although I LOVE Marla’s double entendre at the end. “I’ll manage” XD
Stuart’s like many people I’ve known throughout my schooling and now in my worklife. They are what I call the Theoretically Fallible. That means, they’re fully aware that they can make mistakes or do bad things in general only because today’s culture makes it so blindingly obvious that thinking oneself infallible is a grave error. But, when it comes down to any specific case, they don’t admit to the possibility that any error could be made.
Working with that in mind, it never enters Stuart’s head that he’s been anything less than upstanding and perfect, at least not unless someone in a position of corproately recognized authority were to suggest the possibility.
A name tag might ruin his suit. That would be unthinkable.
1. Stuart only hears what he wants to hear which is basically only corporate squacking
2. remember the extortion Courtney was doing to her over her plans to open her own store, she has vowed to make Courtney’s life as miserable as possible until Courtney quits
3. She is supposed to be wearing suits(she wore them for Jerry’s visits) but she chooses not to for practical reasons and unlike Stuart she isn’t pawning her job off on someone and works the floor which probably requires the usage of the nametag by rule. Not wearing the nametag is probably the only corporate rule Stuart broke and it was done for a simple reason: he was hiding from the customers
Stuart only listens to Corporate NewSpeak! Double plus good!!
what an arrogant bastard.
What’s so arrogant about Marla saying “I’ll manage”? And why are you calling her a b…oh, wait, you’re talking about Zucchini Head…
*Falls over laughing!* Zucchini Head! I’d forgotten about that!
Wow, just, wow, he’s not even running the store anymore and he is still giving himself the credit, this inventory is going to be interesting.
Heeeeyyyyyyyyy!!! Stuart!!! welcome back!
Now please leave immediately.
Well, since Stuart made Marla do all the work when he was manager, she can get Josh to do all the work now that she’s manager. This could be a boatload of fun.
Wouldn’t be surprised if Josh and Stuart did something to sabotage the inventory…….on purpose, or even by accident.
There’s no way he’d sabotage the inventory. Remember since this store is also his HQ he wants this store to set the bar for all the other stores in the “New England” district, which somehow includes my state of Georgia and Florida. Oh Grumbles, how you confuse geography almost as bad as the NCAA redistricting committee.
The district was renamed “Eastern North America.”
I think Marla would delegate the inventory, but not to Josh. Josh annoys the heck out of the others, so with him running an Inventory Prep, Its quite possible he would be bound, gagged, taped in a box with a couple holes poked in it, and put in a far corner of the stock room with a big DNI Label on the carton until Christmas.
… o_O… like he was there to guide her any of the other times?
I’d still love to smack Stuart in the mouth.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>